Tradewest Appraisers Are Members of Canadian Personal Property Appraisal Group.
Keep abreast with Tradewest's auctions, liquidations, and more!
Absentee Bid Form
Download Absentee Bid Form
SAWMILL & PLANER MILL FOR IMMEDIATE SALE!
VOLUNTARY CLOSURE SALE ON BEHALF OF
CARRIER FOREST PRODUCTS LTD.
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE COMPLETE AND OPERATING MODULAR STUD MILL & PLANER MILL FOR REMOVAL TO YOUR LOCATION OUTSIDE WESTERN CANADA!
Please note that this is a private treaty sale and not an auction.
- Mill is modular in design & construction, resulting in major savings in dismantling, transportation, footings & foundations at your location. No concrete or footings required for re-installation.
- Mill can be moved and re-installed at your location outside western Canada within 3-4 months, resulting in immediate cash flow and recover of purchase price in as little as two years.
- Buildings currently housing the planer line and other areas are collapsible and can be dismantled easily before the mill machinery is removed, further facilitating not only the equipment dismantling & loadout, but also transportation of the buildings as flat systems.
- All systems, including hydraulics, electrical, PLC’s, scanners, electronics, lubrication, etc. are intact and operational.
- As a turnkey package, everything required for the mill is in the package, including spare hydraulics, motors, drives, parts and spares on site, etc.
SUMMARY OF SPECIFICATIONS
- (2) Tree Length Log Infeed Decks (68ft x 24ft), for 60 ft Trees; 12) 7 ½ hp drives; Sawhorses; (5) Runs WR 124 chain
- (2) Carrier Forest – High Speed - Single Saw Bucking Decks; Cuts 96” for 8 ft Studs, 107” for 9 ft Studs; 24” Max. Log Diameter; WD110 Infeed Chains, Hydraulic Drive; Hydraulic Log picker; (1) 54” Saws, c/w 75 hp Motors; Rollcase – (6) Rolls, Hydraulic Drive; 5 ft x 7’6” ft Operators Cab; Main Waste Hull c/w WD 110 chain c/w (1) 7.5 hp Drives; Self-Centering Infeed; Cambio 18” Debarker; Oversize Reject Conveyor; Stud Bolt Infeed c/w Trimmer and Step Feeder, (Deck 1 only); Sawhorse / Walkway / Stairs
- Log Bins / Sort System; (1) Bin 10ft x 41 ft to 10” Canter Line; (1) Bin 10 ft x 70 ft to Scragg Line; (2) WR82 Transfers per bin, (4) chain runs, 7.5 hp Drives; (4) Sweep Log Kicker c/w Baffles; (2) Step Feeders c/w Hydraulic Actuators; Operator Console; Sawhorses / platform / Stairs
- Carrier Forest - 10” Canter Line; 12” Max Log Size; Main Waste Hull c/w WD110 Chain , 7.5 hp Drive; Log Turner c/w scanning technology; Alligator Infeed c/w Temposonic Positioning, Hyd Drive; 11-¼” Diameter Bottom Head, 50 hp Motor; 32” Diameter Conical Side Heads, 50 hp Motor; Chipper Outfeed Booster Hydraulic Booster Rolls; (5) Saw Double Vertical Arbour Edger – (2) 100 hp Motors; (2) Alligator Feeds for both Infeed and Outfeed of DVAE; Operators Cab c/w MCC; Sawhorses / walks / Enclosure
- Carrier Forest Custom Scragg Saw; 20” Max Log Size; Main Waste Hull c/w WD110 Chain , 7.5 hp Drive; Log Turner c/w Side Press Rolls; 11-1/8” Dia Bottom Head – 50 hp; 8” Dia Top Flatner Head – 50 hp Motor; 32” Dia Conical Side Heads, 50 hp Motor; 56” Scragg Saw – (3) Saws per side, 200 hp Motors; Side Board Transfer to Edger; (10) Saw Double Vertical Arbour Edger – 200 hp Motors; DVAE – Infeed / Outfeed Press Rolls; Operators Cab and MCC Enclosure; Supports / walkways / Platform / Enclosure
- QM 2” x 36” Board Edger; (7) 20” Fixed Saw, w/ Spacers; 125 hp Arbour Motor; Main Waste Hull – 7.5 hp; Edger Infeed – Variable Hydraulic Infeed Fence c/w Laser Lines; Infeed / Storage Transfer – 87 ft; Sawhorses / walks / Roof
- Green Chain; 88 ft x 10 ft; Main Waste Hull – 15 hp; (2) Landing Transfers and (1) Outfeed Transfer - 5 hp; H78 & 81x Chain; 8ft Unscrambler, 7.5 hp; Lumber Puller to Edger; Sawhorses / walks / Roof (Tarp Walls)
- Horizontal Lumber Sorter; (3) 56’ x 10’ x 2.5 ft Horizontal Bins; (3) Transfers per Bin – 81x – Total of (9) Sorts’ (9) 7 ½ hp Shaft Mount Drives; Infeed Transfer c/w Over Head Lug Transfer; Secondary Catchment System; Operators Console; Sawhorses / Walks / Roof
- QM Strip Edger, c/w Trim Saws; (5) 17” Dia Saws; 150 hp Motor; Waste Hull c/w H110 chain with flights, 5 hp; Infeed Transfer c/w Carry Over Roll; (2) Trim Saws on 15hp Arbour Motors; MCC Enclosure; Outfeed Belts to Stacker; Sawhorses / Walks / Roof
- Carrier Forest Lumber Stacker; 2 x 4 & 2 x 6’ Single Action Crank – Hydraulic Drive; (3) Strip Dispensers; (2) Infeed Transfer from Sorter 5 hp; (2) Package Outfeed Transfer 7.5 hp
- Planer Infeed; (2) package infeed Transfer 1617 Roller, 7.5 hp; Waste Hull c/w H110 chain with flights, 5 hp; Single Action Tilt Hoist; Pineapple Ending Roll – 5hp; Trimmer / Transfer, (2) 20” on 15 hp Arbour Motors; Portable Building, 60ft x 24 ft
- Coastal 20 Knife Planer (1989); Waste Hull c/w H110 chain with flights, 5 hp; Planer Infeed ~1400 FPM – Hydraulic Drive; Planer Outfeed Belt - ~1500 FPM – Hydraulic Drive; Planer Diver Sort Belts – Variable Speed – 7.5 hp; 4 ft Slowdown Belt – Variable speed, 7.5 hp; Sawhorses / Enclosure / Walkways
- (2) Grading Stations; Landing / Storage Deck Transfer; Drop Out Gate; Lug Loader; Grade Marker ink Rollers; Lugged Transfer to Sorter Incline; Sawhorses; Portable Building – 240 ft x 40 ft
- (2) Tray Sorters; (9) Trays per Sorter, 86’ x 10’; Incline Lugged Transfer c/w Diverters; Sawhorses / Walkway; Located in the same building as the Grading Stations
- (2) Carrier Forest Lumber Stackers; Single Action Crank, Hydraulic Drive; (3) Lath Dispensers; Tipple Infeed Belts from Tray Sorter; Infeed Transfer / Pincher / Grade Stamper; Pop-up J-Grade Trimmer c/w PLC Loaders; Operator Console; Sawhorses/Walkways; Located in the same building as the Grading Stations / Sorter
- Package Outfeed System; Stacker outfeed Transfer; Package Outfeed Rollcase; Jump Chains Transfers to Strapper; Acme Strapper; End Paint Spray Station; Wrapping Station / Platform; Package Hoist Stacker; Located in the same building as the Grg Stations / Sorter / Stacker
- Filing Room and Equipment
- Planer Blower System
- PDC Building (2011)
Full Time Equivalent (FTE), Prince Albert Sawmill
- Millwright/Charge hand
- Log Cut off #1
- Log Cut off #2
- Board Edger
- Strip machine/Slab puller
- Forklift/Lumber truck
- 966 Hi lift
- 966 Grapple
- Butt n Top
- Spare man
- Maintenance Millwright
- Electrician (.5) (shared w/planer)
- Saw filer (.5) (shared w/2nd sawmill shift)
= 19 FTE units
Average Production 135,000 (8hr. Shift)
19 / 135 = .14 FTE per Mfb
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Prince Albert Planer Mill
- Planerman/Charge hand
- Tilt hoist
- Planer Feeder
- Lbr. Grader
- Lbr. Grader
- Forklift/Lumber truck
- Strip piler
- Electrician (.5)
= 10.5 FTE units
Average Production 200,000 (2x4 8hr. Shift)
10.5 / 200 = .05 FTE per Mfb
NOTE: FTE will vary at Planer due product size change. This was calculated using 2x4 production only.